I wish I was hitting up the posh bit of Boots and getting enormous parcels from Space NK everyday but unfortunately that's not the case for me at the minute. I've put together a list of my best money-saving tips when it comes to buying makeup and other beauty bits and pieces.
1. There are a few websites out there that do discounted beauty products such as;
Just be aware that sometimes they add a large VAT, handling or shipping cost.
2. TK Maxx have some great bits and pieces. Usually their skin and haircare range is second to none but I've found NARS and TooFaced products in there as well!
3. Get your basics from the 99p store. The cotton pads, hair grips and nail polish remover are no better than a Superdrug alternative and you usually get more for your money.
4. Use loyalty cards! Boots and Superdrug have them, and they save you so much money in the long run. Other brands, like Lush, have different loyalty schemes too.
6. Depop is great for pre-loved beauty products. For some, this might seem a little unhygienic, but I've never had a problem with any makeup I've got from it and I've bought a fair bit. Just make sure you pay through the app so you're covered if they fail to send you the item.
7. Do your research before investing in pricier products. Makeupalley is great for honest reviews on products, as is the beauty blogging community and websites like Boots and Superdrug have review sections available when you click on the product you're interested in.
8. Scope around for potential dupes. You can find some excellent cheaper alternatives for more high-end products that work just as well if you take to the internet. I plan to do a post on some of the dupes I've found along the way so keep your eyes peeled.
I hope some of these tips have been helpful! Let me know if you have tricks for saving money in the comments below. What are you guys doing this weekend? My parents are coming down to my Uni for a few days so that should be nice. I'm hoping they'll take me out to a meal so except some food-related posts on my INSTAGRAM.